Each applicant must complete an application which you can find online on our website at www.thelasleycompany.com, or pick one up at our office, 5110 Kavanaugh Blvd., Little Rock, AR 72207. There is a $50 non-refundable background and credit check fee for every applicant. This is required for each adult over the age of 18 that will be living in the residence.
Possible reasons for denial of an applicant:
- If you owe a past landlord, apartment community or any living situation.
- If you owe any utility companies that could prevent you from being able to turn on the utilities in your name.
- If you have a felony conviction.
- If you fail to meet the income qualification
Prospective tenant(s) must meet the income qualification. That is one applicant must earn 3 times the rent amount per month before taxes or any other deductions. Only wed couples may combine their income to meet this qualification. Proof of income is required.
If for some reason the applicant(s) is/are unable to meet the qualifications a non-occupying cosigner may be used. The cosigner will need to fill out an application and pay the $50 non-refundable background and credit fee. This person must meet all the same qualifications, have a credit score of at least 700 and make over 4 times the rent amount per month before taxes or any other deductions. Proof of the cosigner income is also required. If an applicant(s) is/are unable to obtain a cosigner another option may be to put up double the normal security deposit.
The security deposit is the same as the rent amount. A security deposit will hold the property for two weeks and take it off the market until you begin your lease, any longer than that will need to be discusses with our property manager Brain Lasley. If the potential tenant fails to sign and complete the lease, due to their own discursion, then the security deposit is forfeited. Pets are allowed at most of our homes with a non-refundable pet fee of $150 per pet but there are some restrictions. For example:
- No large dog (50lb +) at apartments, duplexes, or multifamily homes
- No exotic pets such as snakes
Once you have completed your application, you may do one of the following:
- Bring it to our office, 5110 Kavanaugh Blvd., Little Rock, AR 72207
- Fax it to us at 501-975-5551
- Email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are typically able to give you a response within one business day once we have received all the necessary information and fees.
Thank you for your interest in our properties and we look forward to working with you!